Lobster Pot Stickers
A delicate & tasty treat. • Serves 2
|2 lobster tails|
|2/3 pound of prawns|
|1 Tbsp peanut oil|
|1-1/2 cups shiitake mushrooms|
|2 medium carrots|
|1/4 cup gr onions, finely chopped (reserve 1 tbsp for garnish)|
|2 Tbsp fresh cilantro|
|1 Tbsp sesame seeds|
|2 tsp grated fresh ginger|
|2 tsp Chinese chili paste|
|2 cloves garlic|
|1 tsp salt|
|2 dozen wonton or gyoza wrappers|
|Peanut Oil for frying|
|Garnish with 1 tsp of toasted sesame seeds and/or reserved green onions|
|For Sake Sauce|
|1/2 cup sauce|
|1/4 cup soy sauce|
|1/4 cup rice wine vinegar|
|A pinch of sugar|
|1 small chili (serrano is best), fresh or dried|
|1 clove garlic|
- Coarsely chop the prawns and then process them in the food processor until they are moderately chopped. The pieces should be no larger than peanuts.
- De-stem the shiitake mushrooms and slice the caps into thin strips. Dice the carrots finely.
- In a saucepan with a little bit of peanut or hazelnut oil, sauté the mushrooms and carrots for about 10 minutes. Cool.
- Chop the green onions and the cilantro, grate the ginger and mince the garlic.
- Mix the prawns in with the mushrooms, carrots, green onions, cilantro, sesame seeds, ginger, garlic, chili paste, and salt.
- Lay a potsticker wrapper on your cutting board. Using a finger dipped in a glass of water, wet the edges of the wrapper. Place one tablespoon of the filling in the center of the wrapper.
- Fold the wrapper by bringing two opposite corners of the wrapper together, forming a triangle.
- Press the wet edges together to seal. Now wet the outside edges of the triangle. Make small creases in the sides of the triangle.
- Place the completed potstickers on a sheet of wax paper dusted with cornstarch.
- From here you can either freeze the potstickers in layers (separated by wax paper) or you can move onto cooking them.
To cook the lobster pot stickers:
- Heat 2 tbsp of peanut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, add potstickers but don’t crowd the pan.
- Fry the potstickers until they are lightly golden brown on all sides, about 5-7mins.
- Add 1/8 cup of water to the hot pan and cover immediately. Steam the potstickers for another 5 minutes, the filling should be firm to touch when done.
- Transfer to a baking sheet.
- Keep warm in a 200-degree oven until all the potstickers are ready.
The Freshest You Can Get Without Getting Wet
Graffam Bros. Seafood Market
211 Union Street, Rockport, Maine 04856
800-535-5358 • 207-236-8391 •
Monday – Saturday 8:30am – 6:00pm
Sunday 10am – 5pm until Labor Day